First Step House is hiring a Housing Support Staff located in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission. Are you passionate about recovery and helping those suffering from Substance Use Disorders or Mental Health Disorders? Apply with us today to help make a difference in the community.
Tired of working 40 hours per week?! Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- $22.20 per hour
- Graveyard shift ONLY
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Peer Support Specialist Certification is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred
Our full-time benefits include:
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching up to 5%
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and annual bonus
Job Duties assigned, but not limited to:
- Provide peer-based support and motivation to program participants
- Operate through a trauma-informed lens
- Utilize mediation, conflict resolution, and crisis management skills e.g. motivational interviewing, de-escalation tactics, etc.
- Has population specific knowledge low income, history of homelessness, various mental health and substance abuse conditions
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.