First Step House primarily serves people involved in the criminal justice system, with moderate to high criminogenic risk, and a substance use disorder. We are a referral-based program and accept referrals from our community partners based on Federal Priority Placement Criteria. To be quickly placed on our waiting list, please contact one of the following entities.
- Adult Probation and Parole
- Assessment and Referral Services
- Criminal Justice Services, Drug Court and Probation
- Gail Miller Resource Center
- Men’s Homeless Resource Center (Pamela Atkinson Homeless Resource Center)
- Salt Lake County Justice Courts
- Salt Lake Legal Defender Association
- Salt Lake County Treatment Partners
- Third District Court
- US Federal Probation
- Utah County Public Defenders
- Veterans Administration
- Volunteers of America Men’s Detox Facility
Currently, we do not offer walk-in assessment or admissions though one of our admissions staff will gladly answer questions about our non-referral waitlist or assessment processes. Those not involved with any of the above entities are encouraged to visit us in-person at the address listed above. The wait time for an available bed is approximate 8-weeks.