For more information about the jobs listed below or our application process, please contact our Human Resource Recruiters at 801-359-8862 and ask for Jessica Constantino ext. 2209 or Brenda Soto ext. 2131
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
We are hiring for a full time Clinical Case Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
The CHARTER Clinical Case Manager is responsible for providing a full spectrum of clinical services within the scope of his or her licensure. These services range from mental-health therapy to a variety of case management needs. This role requires strong collaborative skills as the Clinical Case Manager is part of a large multidisciplinary team that works together in order to provide the best possible support services for the client. The individuals served within the community are those suffering from severe mental illness and other co-occurring conditions. Clinical Case Managers will be responsible for conducting resident assessments to determine needs and will be responsible for developing service plans with residents and coordinating the daily activities necessary to assist residents in fulfilling their service plans. Clinical Case Managers also share appointment coordination and transportation duties with other program staff. Resident services will be delivered in a group setting on-site, or in the resident's home. Additionally, Clinical Case Managers will assist the Program Manager with administrative tasks while working in concert with the priorities of the Senior Management Team, the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors. Strong interpersonal boundaries and a clear understanding of ethical responsibilities are necessary for this position.
Tired of working 40 hours per week? Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- Pay Ranges from $60,000 - 75,000
- Hours: flexible
- Licensure requirements: LMFT, CMHC or LCSW
Job duties assigned, but not limited to:
- Utilizes mediation, conflict resolution, and crisis management skills e.g. motivational interviewing, de-escalation strategies, etc.
- Has population specific knowledge e.g. Mental Illness, SUD, etc.
- Facilitates and teaches groups and classes
- Ability to use EHR or similar for billing and other client information needs
- Develops service plan with residents and meets regularly to review progress
- Collaborates with other clinical case managers, counselors, peer support staff, medical personnel and outside agencies to meet the varying needs of participants
This is a full-time position with benefits that include:
- Generous paid time off allowance 18 days starting in year one with significant increases each year after
- Generous holiday policy 14 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- Group health
- 401k employer matching
- Life insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase
- Opportunity for annual bonus
- A Master's degree and fulfilled an active license in the State of Utah as a clinical mental health counselor CMHC, social worker LCSW, or marriage and family therapist LMFT is required. No supervision needed.
- Case management experience required
- Experience in substance-abuse treatment is preferred
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Welcome to Your Next Adventure
Do you love helping others? Are you excited to work for an organization that is continuously voted as a Top Work Place by the staff? First Step House is looking to hire individuals who are driven to provide the best client experience possible. If you are a results-driven, passionate person, who enjoys challenges and the rewards that come from them, we’d love to hear from you.
Making a Difference
Underlying all that we do at First Step House is a deep regard for the person. Many of our clients arrive at our doorstep with very little resources, lack of family support, and numerous barriers to overcome. They are individuals who have been stigmatized and marginalized by our society. Our task is to afford our clients respect, opportunity, and hope. It is our belief that the roles of our employees and the organization are to exercise every resource possible to empower those we serve to build healthy and resilient lives. To that end, we will make every effort to provide you with the tools and the training that you need to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Living Your Life
First Step House aims to help our staff help others while ensuring they have time to live life outside of work too. In 2022, First Step House moved to a 36-hour work week. By analyzing meeting and service schedules, improving internal processes, and streamlining daily staff routines, FSH was not only able to realize an improved work culture, but service improvements as well.
- Competitive non-profit pay
- 36-Hour Workweek
- 15 paid holidays per year
- 18 days of paid time off during the first year
- 401(k) and vested matching (put in 10%, we will match 5%)
- 70% coverage for health benefits for full-time positions (Select Health)
- 80% coverage for dental and vision benefits for full-time positions
- Employee assistance program
- Annual training allowance
- Annual merit increases
- Annual performance bonuses
- Challenging and supportive work environment
- Room to grow
Take The First Step
Help is Waiting for You at First Step House
Visit our Admissions Department today to learn more about our treatment, case management, and housing programs. We provide comprehensive and client-centered services to help people build productive, meaningful, and healthy lives.