At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
We are hiring for a full time Licensed Substance Use Disorder Counselor SUDC in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
The Substance Use Disorder Counselor works as a direct clinical services provider. They are responsible for individual sessions, life skills classes, group sessions, and case management services for clients suffering from substance abuse and co-occurring disorders within their scope of practice as defined by DOPL. Duties are performed under the clinical supervision of their assigned clinical training supervisor, and other appropriately licensed supervisors. In addition, duties are performed under the management direction of the clinical services manager with the input, direction, and collaboration of the director of clinical services and other senior management.
Tired of working 40 hours per week?! Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- Pay $50,000 - 55,000 BOE
- Substance Use Disorder Counselor licensure required
- Flexible Schedule depending on the facility! Example schedule: Monday through Thursday 9-hour days
Our full-time benefits include:
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Medical
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and annual bonus
- Team environment with an exceptional work culture
Duties include but not limited to:
- Facilitates addiction-related groups.
- Teaches and develops life-skills classes.
- At a minimum, is competent in providing substance-abuse treatment in individual and group settings and able to incorporate the principles of Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy REBT, Motivational Interviewing MI, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy CBT into these settings.
- Performs regular individual-treatment planning sessions for clients with substance-use disorders and comorbid mental health issues as defined by the scope of ASUDC/SUDC licensure.
- Completes all treatment-related letters, documentation, internal processes, and data entry in a timely manner.
- Attends all relevant employee training classes and clinical staff meetings.
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.