For more information about the jobs listed below or our application process, please contact our Human Resource Recruiters at 801-359-8862 and ask for Jessica Constantino ext. 2209 or Brenda Soto ext. 2131
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
We are hiring for a full time Registered Nurse in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
The Registered Nurse at the First Step House medical clinic is responsible for providing safe, high-quality, and culturally sensitive care within their scope of practice and including the five stages of the nursing process: assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This role will include both direct and indirect patient care services in addition to administrative nursing support. The registered nurse is responsible for providing care that meets the communication and educational needs of the patient and care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. The registered nurse must communicate clearly and directly with the multidisciplinary care team about changes in the patient's clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. This position will require the registered nurse to access and administer immunizations and medications within their scope of practice and according to State Law.
Tired of working 40 hours per week? Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- Pay Ranges from $67,000 - $72,000
- Hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Thursday
- Licensure requirements: RN
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Use the five stages of the nursing process in providing care and supporting patient health problems while appropriately and thoroughly documenting patient's electronic health record at the time that the care is provided.
- Respond to calls and voicemails from patients and triage needs based on concerns presented.
- Initiate patient appointments with the APRN to revise the plan of care as a patient's condition warrants.
- Administer vaccines and medications according to the five rights of safe administration.
- Administer point of care tests in accordance with APRN orders and test administration instructions.
- Manage and operate equipment safely and correctly.
- Utilize knowledge of infection control and safety precautions in patient care.
- Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious, and spiritual needs of patient.
- Develop and participate in education for patients regarding acute and chronic health problems.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include:
- Opportunity for COVID vaccination
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching up to 5%
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase
- Opportunity for annual bonus
- Flexible schedule No Nights or overnights!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Welcome to Your Next Adventure
Do you love helping others? Are you excited to work for an organization that is continuously voted as a Top Work Place by the staff? First Step House is looking to hire individuals who are driven to provide the best client experience possible. If you are a results-driven, passionate person, who enjoys challenges and the rewards that come from them, we’d love to hear from you.
Making a Difference
Underlying all that we do at First Step House is a deep regard for the person. Many of our clients arrive at our doorstep with very little resources, lack of family support, and numerous barriers to overcome. They are individuals who have been stigmatized and marginalized by our society. Our task is to afford our clients respect, opportunity, and hope. It is our belief that the roles of our employees and the organization are to exercise every resource possible to empower those we serve to build healthy and resilient lives. To that end, we will make every effort to provide you with the tools and the training that you need to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Living Your Life
First Step House aims to help our staff help others while ensuring they have time to live life outside of work too. In 2022, First Step House moved to a 36-hour work week. By analyzing meeting and service schedules, improving internal processes, and streamlining daily staff routines, FSH was not only able to realize an improved work culture, but service improvements as well.
- Competitive non-profit pay
- 36-Hour Workweek
- 15 paid holidays per year
- 18 days of paid time off during the first year
- 401(k) and vested matching (put in 10%, we will match 5%)
- 70% coverage for health benefits for full-time positions (Select Health)
- 80% coverage for dental and vision benefits for full-time positions
- Employee assistance program
- Annual training allowance
- Annual merit increases
- Annual performance bonuses
- Challenging and supportive work environment
- Room to grow
Take The First Step
Help is Waiting for You at First Step House
Visit our Admissions Department today to learn more about our treatment, case management, and housing programs. We provide comprehensive and client-centered services to help people build productive, meaningful, and healthy lives.