For more information about the jobs listed below or our application process, please contact our Human Resource Recruiters at 801-359-8862 and ask for Jessica Constantino ext. 2209 or Brenda Soto ext. 2131
First Step House is hiring for a full time Peer Support Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
Tired of working 40 hours per week?! Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- Pay ranges from $40,000 - 41,000 depending on experience
Our full-time benefits include:
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching up to 5%
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and annual bonus
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or Associates Degree and an active license in the State of Utah as a certified peer support specialist, is preferred.
- Education in the Utah State Peer Support Specialist is highly preferred, but not required.
- Experience in both substance abuse and mental health treatment field is preferred.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assists the program manager in managing the milieu during evening hours, including behavior management, client de-escalation, on-call support, and assistance in emergency medical situations.
- Provides support to clinical staff, in being familiar with the core modalities REBT, MRT, and MI that are used in FSH.
- Communicates treatment needs, as possibly identified during regular wellness recovery planning sessions, to the clinical and case management teams.
- Assists in monitoring each client's program adherence, drug-test results, and group attendance and addresses problems.
- Maintains organizational expectations for clinical productivity.
- Attends all relevant employee training classes and clinical staff meetings.
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Welcome to Your Next Adventure
Do you love helping others? Are you excited to work for an organization that is continuously voted as a Top Work Place by the staff? First Step House is looking to hire individuals who are driven to provide the best client experience possible. If you are a results-driven, passionate person, who enjoys challenges and the rewards that come from them, we’d love to hear from you.
Making a Difference
Underlying all that we do at First Step House is a deep regard for the person. Many of our clients arrive at our doorstep with very little resources, lack of family support, and numerous barriers to overcome. They are individuals who have been stigmatized and marginalized by our society. Our task is to afford our clients respect, opportunity, and hope. It is our belief that the roles of our employees and the organization are to exercise every resource possible to empower those we serve to build healthy and resilient lives. To that end, we will make every effort to provide you with the tools and the training that you need to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Living Your Life
First Step House aims to help our staff help others while ensuring they have time to live life outside of work too. In 2022, First Step House moved to a 36-hour work week. By analyzing meeting and service schedules, improving internal processes, and streamlining daily staff routines, FSH was not only able to realize an improved work culture, but service improvements as well.
- Competitive non-profit pay
- 36-Hour Workweek
- 15 paid holidays per year
- 18 days of paid time off during the first year
- 401(k) and vested matching (put in 10%, we will match 5%)
- 70% coverage for health benefits for full-time positions (Select Health)
- 80% coverage for dental and vision benefits for full-time positions
- Employee assistance program
- Annual training allowance
- Annual merit increases
- Annual performance bonuses
- Challenging and supportive work environment
- Room to grow
Take The First Step
Help is Waiting for You at First Step House
Visit our Admissions Department today to learn more about our treatment, case management, and housing programs. We provide comprehensive and client-centered services to help people build productive, meaningful, and healthy lives.