First Step House is hiring a full time Registered Nurse- Nurse Care Manager in Salt Lake City, Utah!
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
The Registered Nurse-NCM will assist the nursing department in providing quality care to clients. This includes monitoring client health conditions, medications, and medical appointments. In addition, the RN will provide information to clients and staff regarding infection control, medication policies, vaccines and medication assisted treatment. The RN will develop competency in passing medication to clients, implementing, and maintaining controlled substance records, and informing staff and clients of concerns with health.
Looking for flexibility? Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
**New Grads Welcome**
- Pay Ranges from $70,000 - $80,000 per year
Our full-time benefits include:
- 36 hour work week 4x9s
- Generous paid time off allowance which increases with tenure
- 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Medical
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and annual bonus
- Team environment with an exceptional work culture
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Works closely with other staff especially clinical, regarding the safety and health of FSH clients.
- Monitors health conditions of clients in orientation daily and identification of and reporting of abnormal symptoms and vitals .
- Assists in inventory of supplies and distribution.
- Works with clients regarding health education and medication concerns.
- Monitors and educates staff and clients regarding communicable diseases.
- Participates in client teaching according to the client's treatment plan.
- Works closely with clients' therapists in order to cohesively achieve client goals.
- Documents nursing care and client status in accordance with FSH standards and professional standards of care.
- Demonstrates competent practice and engages in opportunities for clinical growth.
- Uses universal standard precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infection materials.
- Performs similar and incidental duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- An active license as a Registered Nurse or LPN pursuing RN in the State of Utah is required.
- Associates Degree in Nursing is required, BSN preferred.
- Experience in the substance-abuse field is preferred.