First Step House is hiring for a full time Social Service Worker for our Charter Program in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
Tired of working 40 hours per week?! Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week, no change in pay!
- Pay $20- $22 per hour BOE
- Must have an active SSW license in DOPL
- Flexible Schedule depending on the facility! Example schedule: Monday through Thursday 9-hour days
Our full-time benefits include:
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Medical
- Opportunity for annual bonus!
Duties include but not limited to:
- Utilizes mediation, conflict resolution, and crisis management skills e.g. motivational interviewing, de-escalation strategies, etc.
- Has population specific knowledge e.g. Mental Illness, SUD, etc.
- Teaches and develops life-skills classes
- Assists in determining future resident eligibility through screening interviews
- Collaborates with outside agencies to connect participants with employment services, education resources, healthcare programs, housing programs, and other relevant community resources, based on specific need
- Collaborates with other clinical case managers, counselors, peer support staff, medical department and outside agencies to meet varying needs of participants.
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.