First Step House is hiring a Medical Clinic APRN located in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission. Are you passionate about recovery and helping those suffering from Substance Use Disorders or Mental Health Disorders? Apply with us today to help make a difference in the community.
The nurse practitioner provides primary care to clients in our multiple treatment programs and will serve primarily clients with substance abuse and mental health disorders. Mindful understanding of the complex needs this population may have will be necessary to be successful in this position. Educating client's on managing their health conditions as well as disease prevention will be relevant in client care. Will be required to perform physical exams, diagnose health issues, create plans of care, review patient histories, monitor and evaluate acute and chronic health conditions as well as determining withdrawal and detoxification needs of incoming clients.
- Salary position ranging from $ 88,000 - $ 104,000
Our amazing full-time benefits include:
- Opportunity for COVID vaccination
- Generous paid time off allowance 18 days starting in year one
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching up to 5%
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and annual bonus
- Must be State licensed and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner with NPI
- Have either an active buprenorphine waiver or a willingness to obtain a waiver upon hire
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Knowledge of Medicaid billing requirements and procedures
- A Controlled Substance license and a DEA certification with no disciplinary action
Job Duties assigned, but not limited to:
- Provide primary care to clients in need
- Perform physical exams and health assessments within scope of practice to determine medication, treatment needs and goals
- Prescribe medications and evaluate client response to medications
- Order, administer, and analyze any necessary diagnostic testing
- Work collaboratively with First Step House RN in assessing client needs in regard to their health and treatment goals
- Provide support and medical decision making to support staff and medication rooms when needed
- Collaborate and consult with supervisors, treatment-team members, community partners, and other relevant parties concerning clinical issues
- Educate clients on medication management, health prevention, and disease process
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.