For more information about the jobs listed below or our application process, please contact our Human Resource Recruiters at 801-359-8862 and ask for Jessica Constantino ext. 2209 or Brenda Soto ext. 2131
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
First Step House is hiring for a full time Medical Assistant in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
The Medical Assistant will provide direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical, and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of the patient; provide care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or APRN. Maintain regulatory agency requirements, nursing and facility policies, procedures, and standards. Answer phone calls incoming to the clinic and send messages about patients' needs or concerns. To return calls to patients with the answer to concerns/questions/request per direction for provider. Communicate with providers and team members about changes in patient's clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Must be able to perform general medical assistant duties in all departments with adequate supervision. To provide safe, courteous, and competent patient care. Draw and process labs as ordered by the APRN.
Tired of working 40 hours per week?! Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- Salary pay is $40,000 - $43,000 depending on experience
Our full-time benefits include:
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Medical
- Opportunity for an annual merit increase and annual bonus!
Education and Experience:
- Basic Life Support BLS certification or ability to obtain within thirty 30 days from hire
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- Certified medical assistant required
- Medical terminology preferred
- Experience in medical field preferred
- Experience with phlebotomy and lab processing preferred
- Experience in the substance-abuse field is preferred.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assists with health screening, assessment, referral, and care planning, phlebotomy, and lab processing
- Answer incoming / outcoming calls to the clinic and send messages about patients' needs or concerns
- Perform general medical assistant duties in all departments with adequate supervision
- To provide safe, courteous, and competent patient care
- Draw and process labs as ordered by the APRN
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Welcome to Your Next Adventure
Do you love helping others? Are you excited to work for an organization that is continuously voted as a Top Work Place by the staff? First Step House is looking to hire individuals who are driven to provide the best client experience possible. If you are a results-driven, passionate person, who enjoys challenges and the rewards that come from them, we’d love to hear from you.
Making a Difference
Underlying all that we do at First Step House is a deep regard for the person. Many of our clients arrive at our doorstep with very little resources, lack of family support, and numerous barriers to overcome. They are individuals who have been stigmatized and marginalized by our society. Our task is to afford our clients respect, opportunity, and hope. It is our belief that the roles of our employees and the organization are to exercise every resource possible to empower those we serve to build healthy and resilient lives. To that end, we will make every effort to provide you with the tools and the training that you need to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Living Your Life
First Step House aims to help our staff help others while ensuring they have time to live life outside of work too. In 2022, First Step House moved to a 36-hour work week. By analyzing meeting and service schedules, improving internal processes, and streamlining daily staff routines, FSH was not only able to realize an improved work culture, but service improvements as well.
- Competitive non-profit pay
- 36-Hour Workweek
- 15 paid holidays per year
- 18 days of paid time off during the first year
- 401(k) and vested matching (put in 10%, we will match 5%)
- 70% coverage for health benefits for full-time positions (Select Health)
- 80% coverage for dental and vision benefits for full-time positions
- Employee assistance program
- Annual training allowance
- Annual merit increases
- Annual performance bonuses
- Challenging and supportive work environment
- Room to grow
Take The First Step
Help is Waiting for You at First Step House
Visit our Admissions Department today to learn more about our treatment, case management, and housing programs. We provide comprehensive and client-centered services to help people build productive, meaningful, and healthy lives.