For more information about the jobs listed below or our application process, please contact our Human Resource Recruiters at 801-359-8862 and ask for Jessica Constantino ext. 2209 or Brenda Soto ext. 2131
At First Step House, "We help people build lives of meaning, purpose, and recovery," and we are dedicated to this mission.
We are hiring for a full time Housing Support Staff located in Salt Lake City, Utah!!
The Housing Support Staff ensures resident welfare, resident safety, and resident accountability at Central City Apartments. This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the lobby by assisting residents, and any approved visitors, with entering and exiting the building, as well as their personal apartments. This position will also require staff to interface with the general public, therefore a strong ability to navigate potentially difficult interactions with a calm and outward demeanor is required. The Housing Support Staff will also assist the House Manager and Program Manager with additional administrative tasks and works in concert with the priorities of the Senior Management Team, the Executive Director, and the Board of Directors. Strong interpersonal boundaries and a clear understanding of ethical responsibilities are necessary for this position. The overall goals for this position are to a provide high-quality care to residents, b provide a high level of customer service to residents, funders, and other stake holders, and c provide support for the clinical and administrative teams.
Tired of working 40 hours per week?! Join our team and enjoy a standardized 36-hour work week!
- $22.20 per hour
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Peer Support Specialist Certification is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred
Our full-time benefits include:
- Generous paid time off allowance this increases with tenure
- Generous holiday policy 15 observed holidays a year including your birthday
- 401k employer matching up to 5%
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and annual bonus
Job Duties assigned, but not limited to:
- Provide peer-based support and motivation to program participants
- Operate through a trauma-informed lens
- Utilize mediation, conflict resolution, and crisis management skills e.g. motivational interviewing, de-escalation tactics, etc.
- Has population specific knowledge low income, history of homelessness, various mental health and substance abuse conditions
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Welcome to Your Next Adventure
Do you love helping others? Are you excited to work for an organization that is continuously voted as a Top Work Place by the staff? First Step House is looking to hire individuals who are driven to provide the best client experience possible. If you are a results-driven, passionate person, who enjoys challenges and the rewards that come from them, we’d love to hear from you.
Making a Difference
Underlying all that we do at First Step House is a deep regard for the person. Many of our clients arrive at our doorstep with very little resources, lack of family support, and numerous barriers to overcome. They are individuals who have been stigmatized and marginalized by our society. Our task is to afford our clients respect, opportunity, and hope. It is our belief that the roles of our employees and the organization are to exercise every resource possible to empower those we serve to build healthy and resilient lives. To that end, we will make every effort to provide you with the tools and the training that you need to meet the diverse needs of our clients.
Living Your Life
First Step House aims to help our staff help others while ensuring they have time to live life outside of work too. In 2022, First Step House moved to a 36-hour work week. By analyzing meeting and service schedules, improving internal processes, and streamlining daily staff routines, FSH was not only able to realize an improved work culture, but service improvements as well.
- Competitive non-profit pay
- 36-Hour Workweek
- 15 paid holidays per year
- 18 days of paid time off during the first year
- 401(k) and vested matching (put in 10%, we will match 5%)
- 70% coverage for health benefits for full-time positions (Select Health)
- 80% coverage for dental and vision benefits for full-time positions
- Employee assistance program
- Annual training allowance
- Annual merit increases
- Annual performance bonuses
- Challenging and supportive work environment
- Room to grow
Take The First Step
Help is Waiting for You at First Step House
Visit our Admissions Department today to learn more about our treatment, case management, and housing programs. We provide comprehensive and client-centered services to help people build productive, meaningful, and healthy lives.